Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Abinadi and King Noah Chapter 5

                       
On Monday we had a mission conference. Yes, I kinda already talked about some things that I learned. But as I was going through my notes this morning I read something that really stood out to me at the conference and again this morning.
Elder Kearon of the seventy, asked us about our favorite prophet. In the Bible or Book of Mormon. It was silent only for a few moments and then you start to see these missionaries hands go up and they start naming out all of their favorites. One prophet that was called out was Nephi in the Book of Mormon. Nephi is a very strong and faithful servant of the Lord willing to do anything the Lord asked of him. He then read in 2 Nephi 4:18 which says,"I am encompassed about because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me. And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted."
Elder Bowen then said, "Nephi felt like we do. Nephi could feel this way and yet he could still be Nephi."
Bad things happen to all of us but we have to chose to take it and learn from it or be upset, like Nephi.
I thought about my favorite prophet Abinadi. He did what the Lord asked him to do, and he was thrown into prison. I cant imagine what was going through in his mind and how he felt but he did what he knew was right. I love his testimony and feel the Spirit every time I play it..
to be continued....
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment