Monday, January 31, 2011

Remember, To be HaPpY :)

Well, its that time again! Transfers!!! Every 6 weeks we find out if we either stay in our areas for another 6 weeks, leave for a new area, get a new companion or both. Pretty exciting and quite intense, waiting for that call to come. (Phone call comes).......

Yes!! Staying in Napa for at LEAST another 6 weeks, and I get to stay with Sister Tuifua for another 6 weeks. Very exciting!
The thing I look forward to every transfer is zone conference. Which is a certain number of missionaries in certain areas gather together and hear some words of wisdom (as I like to call it) from other missionaries and President Bunker and Sister Bunker.
We had it today!! Ah, I was so excited and pumped to go to San Rafael. Its such a testimony to me, that the Lord really does know what we need and the desires of our hearts. Everything that was shared to us missionaries is just what I needed to hear.
The past few months I have just felt so.. so.. I don't even know how to describe it. Just felt tired and blah.

Something that dear Sister Bunker talked about really touched me and to be honest helped me kinda snap out of it. She has been a great example to me since I came out here on the mission field. She was diagnosed with breast cancer not to long after I came out here. Every time I have seen her or talked to her, she has always been cheerful and always greeted me and other missionaries with a smile. She has been very positive with this trial of hers and is doing much better.

She asked a question today that really made me sit back and think alot. What do we have to not be cheerful about? 
She quoted a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 123:17,"...Let us cheerfully do all things..." She is SO right!! I have no reason to feel blah! We are SO blessed I have no reason to not be cheerful. This gospel has brought much happiness into my life, and I am so grateful to be reminded of why I am here serving the Lord.
I'm so grateful to be here in the California Santa Rosa Mission. I learn something new everyday.
I know that our Heavenly Father lives and loves us, and Jesus Christ is His son, and He is our Savior.
Our greatest source of happiness, is found in the gospel. I'm grateful for Sister Bunker's testimony that she shares to us every month. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment