Saturday, July 9, 2011

ScRiPtUrEs ArE AWESOME!

This morning I read Alma 29, which is an AMAZING chapter..
In Verses 9-10," I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hand of God to bring some soul unto repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do remember hi merciful arm which he extended towards me."

When I read this this morning I thought to myself, wow, Alma is glorying in the commandments of God. Why don't I do that?  The Lord has blessed me and has helped me in so many things I think the least I can do is do what the Lord asks of me..
Yes, I'm not perfect, I don't think that I can be completely perfect at following the commandments. But I want to express my gratitude more to the Lord and His commandments.. I know that when I do, I will come to understand why they are important.
Remember who you are and what you stand for

2 comments:

  1. Scriptures ARE awesome! And commandments are too!! If it weren't for the commandments, I'd be one lost ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome point. I don't think I glory in the Lord enough! I mean, He's the Redeemer of all mankind! He is so wonderful and loving and patient and smart. I should be boasting of my Lord more. :/

    ReplyDelete