Friday, July 15, 2011

Need Medicine?!

A couple weeks ago Sister Lewis had this really bad ear ache. We talked about it, and tried to figure out what we could do to fix it, or make it feel better. We went to the store and looked at some things that we could poss get to help. The options that we had weren't bad, but they didn't really fix the problem. We finally came to the conclusion that we needed to call the mission nurse.
We did, and after the conversation we had with her on the phone, she told us to do something totally different then what we were going to do or plan on doing..
So where am I going with this? Well let me try and explain....
There have been many times, in my life when I have had a problem.. Somethings that I try and figure out. I find that when I try and do it myself it is hard and I cant ever seem to solve it. When I put my trust and relying on my Heavenly Father, the problem doesn't go away, but with His help I seem to figure things out.
He gives us things to help us with our everyday struggles and challenges. For example the scriptures... What an AMAZING thing!! I can read them, and find answers to questions and concerns that I have.. Another one is a Prophet and other church leaders.. Like the mission nurse, she was able to tell us right then and there what we needed to do.
The leaders that we have, have been set apart with certain callings to help us.. Aka the Bishop, Mission President, Relief Society President, the Prophet. I am so grateful to the Lord for giving us these people to help us in the things that we need.
I know as for myself I need to learn to put my trust in the lord and His trusted servants.. When I do I will be able to face any challenges that come my way.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. I know I've tried to figure things out myself WAY too many times. :P Usually with bad (or painful) results. God commands us to ask Him for help, to pray every minute of every day, so that we won't forget that we don't have to go it alone! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete