Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"..How is it that ye have no Faith?" -Mark 4:40

A few days ago we had a baptism. I've still been thinking about Nikki, her baptism and the light that shined in her face that day. She was SO excited to be baptized. That whole week, she just kept saying how excited she was.
I was happy to see that she was so excited to follow Jesus Christ. I know that she knows that getting baptized was the right thing to do. I thought to myself, "Have I ever been that excited to follow Jesus Christ?" Why don't we, or why aren't we as excited to follow Him?
I was reading this morning in Matthew 14. The disciples of Christ are on a ship in the middle of the sea and a storm comes. Jesus started walking towards them on the sea. "And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, Is is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid." Peter then asks the Lord,"...bid me come unto thee on the water." Christ's response to this was,"Come.... he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind.. he was afraid; and beginning to sink.... Immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" 
"What would it be like, to have faith to move mountains, faith to walk on water?"
I know we can all be excited to follow Jesus Christ. It is our faith in Him as the Son of God that leads us to do whatsoever He asks of us. Sometimes we do not always know the reasons, but He will help us and support us as long as He sees we are doing our best to follow Him.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. I read about this recently too! Christ said we could move mountains with faith the size of a mustard seed. :P So.. how big is our faith, then?

    ReplyDelete