Thursday, January 6, 2011

Remember... Weak Times

Its a foggy morning here in Napa!!! We rode bike again today, and I have to say.. Its beautiful riding in the fog. It gave me alot of pondering time.
I thought back on the past couple of days, and realized that this week so far has been a spiritual one for me. I feel like the Lord has really been talking to me.
For the past month, as I said in my previous post, I have been struggling at somethings. I felt like I wasn't doing anything I needed to as a missionary. I was "WEAK" I guess you can say, and that's all I have been noticing is my weak points.
Well, we had a meeting with some missionaries and our mission president. He asked us to read this talk before the meeting, titled "The Atonement: All for All" by Bruce C. Hafen of the Seventy. Something he said in that talk didn't hit me until I heard our mission president say it. "If you're seeing more of your weakness, that just might mean you're moving nearer to God, not farther away." Once he said that, I sat and thought about it and it was like a HUGE relief/burden that was lifted off my shoulders. I look back now on the past month and look at my "weak" points and realized that there are some things that I wanna change. In the Book of Mormon, in Ether 21:27 it reads, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Its so true, the Lord shows us our weakness so that we can try to be better, and be more like him. I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father loving me and caring for me so much that he is willing to show me my weakness so that I can, with His help become stronger.
I'm grateful for our mission president for the words that he said yesterday, they really helped me out and I know that the things he said to us missionaries was an answer to one of my prayers.
I love this gospel very much, and I know that Heavenly Father does care about each and every one of His children. I'm grateful that I am able to notice my weak moments, so that I can work harder to be more and more like my Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ, because of the atonement, I'm able to repent of my mistakes and try harder. Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou so much for this post, it really helps me with the things I struggle with. I really need to look towards the atonement and apply it in my life!

    ReplyDelete