Saturday, January 29, 2011

Remember... "We are the Lords hands here on the earth."

A morning of moving furniture, packing boxes, and loading trailers. Yup, helping someone move, on this beautiful Saturday morning. So sad to see them leave, but its exciting for them to be in a new home to start their family. When we got there, there were people already there working hard.
As we started helping clearing things out of their house, I sat back and just watched the people around me. I watched everyone that was there and watched them all interact with each other. It was interesting to me that I saw so much laughter and smiling faces. Moving can be a stressful thing, and it was at times but it didn't hold back any of the laughter.
Back home, I hated doing service. It was something that I always tried to get out of, but hey what teenager didn't right? I remember I always felt so good after I did something for someone else.
Yesterday we visited with an older lady. She is a very sweet, kind and loving lady. She expressed to us how busy she was, taking care of her friends and neighbors that live around her. I told her how sweet she was and caring she was for these people. She immediately said, "No I'm not, that's how it should be."
Later that night we had dinner with a member. I asked him how he feels when he shares the gospel. He expressed to us that the gospel brings much happiness to his life and he knew and recognized that. So, there was a time that came in his life when he had the opportunity to share the gospel with one of his dear friends. Because of his act of faith, good works, and love for the Lord a life of that friend was changed.
Its amazing that doing a service to someone in need really does show and express our Heavenly Fathers love to them. I love what President Thomas S. Monson says,"We are surround with people who need our help, comfort, our kindness. We are the Lords hands here on the earth. He is dependant on each of us."
I am grateful for these people, I have been with these past couple days, who have been an example to me and have shown me the love that they have for the Savior. I agree very much with President Monson,"we are the Lords hands here on the earth." 
Hymn #223
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

Remember who you are and what you stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment