Thursday, January 27, 2011

I ended up getting ready super early this morning so I had some extra time for personal study, LOVE it when this happens.:)
I read in my personal progress book on knowledge, number 1. It gives some scriptures to look up on knowledge, then asks you to explain why is knowledge so important?
2 Nephi 28:30 is one of this scriptures it asked me to look up. I love the blessing it has in this scripture, we will learn wisdom as we study.
Then, in Doctrine and Covenants 130:18 it says,"Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection."
OK! Well, after my mission, I guess this means I should probably do some school.:) Its so important for us to have knowledge and be well educated in school and also the gospel. Everything we learn here in this life, we take it all with us when we die.
I had myself an "Ah-Ha" moment this morning. After I read about knowledge, I was studying about the gospel of Jesus Christ and reading up on baptism. I read about the reasons we are baptized. One, said "we are baptized for a remission of our sins." After reading that a scripture came to my mind, 2 Nephi 25:26. "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children my know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
Ding, a light bulb shined so bright as this scripture came to mind. It makes sense to me now.
It is through the scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon) and the restoration of the gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith that we can know how to be forgiven and what we must do to return to live with our Father in Heaven and be clean of our sins.
You would think that I would already know this but, this is why we must continue to study the gospel. We forget things, and also some things start to make sense to us.
I know that I will continue to learn about the gospel for the rest of my life. I know that the Lord will continue to bless me with more "Ah-Ha" moments as long as I show Him that I am willing to learn and study His words, and do the things which He has asked of me.
I invite all of you to open your minds and to be willing to learn. Whether its about the gospel or regular school subjects. I know that it is important to the Lord for us to learn and to grow.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's aweseome that you are working on your personal progress during personal scripture study. What a great way to set and achieve goals for yourself. I am a young women's president right now and I am just finishing up my PP program. In hindsight I have been able to see my progress by participating in this program. Good job on your blog btw. I think this is a great way to share the gospel. I will bookmark your blog and send it to my friends. :) Good luck sister!

    ReplyDelete