Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bad Dreams, or Good Dreams?

There have been some nights that I have had some pretty crazy dreams. No, not like a Dr. Seuss wonderland, but actually really pretty intense scary dreams. I talked about it with some other missionaries and expressed to them that I shouldn't be having dreams like this. I study the scriptures everyday and I pray everyday so why am I having dreams like this.
My life back home, before the mission, I watched alot of scary movies. Not going to lie, I like scary movies ALOT. I didn't watch like super crazy scary movies but there were some that were a little disturbing and I know didn't invite the spirit.
I've felt like its all catching up to me. The movies that I watched that didn't disturb me, are now starting to bother me.
I really like scary movies, so I kinda pondered on what the big deal was. I came across an article, "Its Only Violence". Amazing talk and was looking for someone else, but I found that it really helped me out alot. Something it said in the talk pretty much helped me, "they offend the Spirit and make you less able to respond to others in a sensitive, caring way. They contradict the Savior's message of love for one another."
I never thought of that before, "they contradict the Savior's message to love for one another." That's what this gospel is and brings to others. It is that Christlike love for everyone. Watching these things doesn't show the love, the Christlike love.  
It is going to be a hard sacrifice for me, but I know that it is important to the Lord. I wanna be able to have good dreams instead of the scary ones that I have been having.
I want to invite others to also think of this and read this talk. I know it will bless all of our lives and we will be able to be sensitive to the spirit and to Gods love for all of His children.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting to see how things we are exposed to effect our thoughts, even our dreams. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete