Sunday, November 21, 2010

Remember.... 9 November 2010

During my morning studies, I was studying scriptures about how we need to diligently seek the word of the Lord.
I came to Doctrine and Covenants 138 and its the Prophet Joseph f. Smith

and he was reading the scriptures. He was thinking about the Savior and His atonement. His suffering for our sins, dying on the cross, and then being resurrected. Because of this event, we can return to live with him again.
He was reading in 1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6, Which talks about Christ suffering for our sins, and talked about the spirit world and that the gospel was preached to the dead. He said, after reading this, "As I pondered over these things which are written, the eyes of my understanding were opened, and the Spirit of the Lord rested upon me, and I saw the hosts of the dead, both small and great."
I have had a couple very good friends of mine pass away, but after the death of Rex I've been thinking alot about the spirit world. I've just wanted a better understanding for myself of what happens after we die. This section of the Doctrine and Covenants has really helped my understanding. 
Reading this verse seriously just brought so much peace to my soul. Rex wasn't able to serve a mission because of his illness. I know that he is serving the Lord now, to those souls who didn't have a chance in this life. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who continues to give us the opportunity to receive this gospel, that missionary work continues after this life. I am so grateful that life doesn't end after this one, that we continue living, learning and teaching. I know that we will see are loved ones again.! I will see my dear friends again! 
Remember who you are and what you stand for. 



2 comments:

  1. Sister Gorder,
    We received your letter. Thank you so much for your comforting words. Everything you said is so true. Rex is in a better place and he is doing the Lord's work. My sister says that our father (Rex's grandpa Eames) needed a new mission companion and he requested Rex! Who knows? I don know he is doing missionary work. I have tried 3 times to post a comment and Hopefully this time it will work!
    This section of the D&C is also one of my favorites. When I taught Church History last year in sunday school this section made me cry and cry. What a beautiful testament! Thank you Bianca for everything YOU stand for! We love you and so does Rex
    Love, The Andersens-Ralph,Carol,James and Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Proud mother moment and Proud best friend moment of the Andersen's) Aren't we just so blessed to have the gospel??SO many ppl think it is difficult to live the gospel, sometimes it isn't easy, but how much more difficult is it, to have to go thru life without the Lord and his blessings?? Rex was always such an example! He was always kind to Savannah, and always added to her self worth!I feel such comfort knowing he is now healthy and happy and continuing his mission elsewhere. I am so grateful for eternal families! Sister Gorder aka Sister daughter of mine..what a wonderful posting! Thanks so much! I can't wait to study this! =)We love you!!♥♥
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete