Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Remembering Rex


Rex has been a good friend of mine since I was little. I remember playing night games with him and always going over to his house to watch lady and the tramp, when I was little. He and his family lived just 2 houses down from me, so it's been fun seeing him grow up. He is younger than me, so i would see him in the halls at school.
Rex suffered with this disease called cystic fibrosis, a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the lungs and digestive tract. 
Even with this Rex was always happy. I enjoyed seeing him and talking to him at church.
Rex was a big on camping and hunting. He would always tell me about the ducks that he... killed, shot.. whatever you call it. ha ha I enjoyed hearing his stories about his camping, hunting and fishing. It was also fun to beat him up in karate.
Rex has been waiting for a double lung & liver transplant.
On 9 November I received some very sad news. Rex passed away at the hospital. I was very emotional when I received this news. The only thing I could think of is that he is home in Heavenly Father's arms.  
I know that this isn't the end for Rex, and that his family will see him again. Rex is doing some good right now! I love Rex and his family and am very grateful for knowing that we can all see him again and be with him.
I love this gospel!
I will always remember Rex and the good that he did on the earth. Remember, life doesn't end, we continue and go on!
Remember who you are and what you stand for!
I'll miss you Rex!

2 comments:

  1. The services were beautiful! Your brother did an amazing job playing the piano for the services! James gave an AMAZING talk, as did his Dad & Grandpa. It was a full house at each of the viewings and the funeral!! Graveside was wonderful as well. Good job on the post!♥ and miss you tons!! SO proud of you! Keep up the great work!!♥/ Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Gorder,
    I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your posts.
    Your spirit is so strong, I can feel it when i read them.
    I am SO GRATEFUL for the gospel and the knowledge that death isn't the end! We go on to do so much more of the Lords work. And I am so grateful to know that when I die, I will be able to be with our twins that were still born.
    I am SO PROUD of you for sharing this gospel with others.
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete