Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Cheering each other on"

Charity: An example of the believers

When I first watched this video, I was pretty much in tears! It first caught my attention because this is my home town! My sister attends this school.
I asked my sister about this event and she said it was a very cool thing to experience, she said she will never forget it.
What an awsome thing for the cheer team to have Brittany cheer with them. These girls all showed the pure love of Christ. (Moroni 7:47)
Thats what charity is, its the pure love of Christ. In the bible dictionary it explains charity meaning,"the highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection."
Christ had a love for EVERYONE! In Luke 7:12-15 Christ demonstrate's His love. "....the Lord God hath given a commandment that all men should have charity, which charity is love. And except they should have charity they were nothing. Wherefore, if they should have charity they would not suffer the laborer in Zion to perish." -2 Nephi 26:30
I love what Paul says about charity in 1 Cor. 13:2,13. "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing... And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
I never knew that charity was so important before, until I read these two verses.
When we are feeled with charity, we obey God's commandments and do what we can to serve others. Like this cheer team.
They did everything the could to get Brittany on the cheer team.
We must pray for charity, it is a gift from God. If we do this our love for all people will increase. 
Charity takes action, look for oppertunities to serve others. 
I'm very grateful for these girls examples. I know that charity is very important to have and to show! I know that we can show Gods love for His children by serving them, showing our love for them! We can show our love for God by keeping his commandments. (John 14:15)
I love my Savior very much and am very grateful for His example for all of us.
Remember,
who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment