Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Perfect or Clean?

What is the difference between being perfect and being clean? Is there a difference?
Yes, there is a difference. I think sometimes we think that there is not, and that can be discouraging.
Sometimes we will find our faults and focus on them and do everything we can to make those faults better, but in the mean time forget about everything else. In the Book of Mormon, in Ether 12:27 is says," And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Bruce C. Hafen said,"As we draw closer to God, He will show us our weakness and through them make us wiser, and stronger. If you're seeing more of your weakness, that just might mean you're moving nearer to God, not farther away."
It is important for us to recognize our weaknesses but not to dwell on them or get discouraged. It is a time for us to learn and then do better next time. If we have the desire to follow Christ and be better, we will want to repent and we will strive to be better. Will we be perfect? No, but we can strive to do our best.

I know that it is important for us to "...repent of [our] iniquity, and become clean before the Lord."
I know that we aren't perfect, "..all of us are 'works in process,' we can be worthy while still needing improvement."
I know that through Jesus Christ and His gospel we can be clean and strive to be the best that we can. 
Remember who you are and what you stand for! 
We are all precious sons and daughters of God. The Lord knows the desires of our hearts. When we are willing to humble ourselves, repent and be baptized we can be clean. What a great blessing. I will forever express my gratitude to the Lord, for the wonderful amazing example He is to all of us.
"We all need to remember: men are that they might have joy-not guilt trips!"-Elder Russell M. Nelson
Please read this talk below! Dis is AMAZING!
 
Elder Cecil O. Samuelson

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, I feel that I sometimes have this struggle as well. Focus to much on my imperfections instead of what God has given me. I am grateful we can continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that! Thank you so much. It is an amazing thing to realize that we need to just do what we can, with the life we have been given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sister Gorder...I am grateful for the Atonement and the opportunity I have to repent!

    ReplyDelete