Thursday, December 23, 2010

Remember.. With a bit of light, we can see many things.

I have often thought about why do we put up lights at Christmas time? Yes they are beautiful but what is the reason? To be honest.. I do not know. But I'm grateful that we do have the lights up and here's why.
In the scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon) we learn that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. Through Him we can find our way out of darkness.
We were teaching a girl, today, who really wants to know about God and have faith that He is there. She said its hard for her sometimes because of some things that happen in life. My companion said something to her that really touched my heart and opened my eyes. She said, "no matter what we see and how crazy things are in life it brings hope to me, to know that the light will always win, the light will always conquer darkness. Even with the tiniest bit of light we can see many things." I thought about this for awhile and its so true.. It reminds me of a scripture in Alma chapter 32:35-36.. it says, "Oh then is not this real? I say unto you Yea, because it is light; and whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible, therefore ye must know that it is good; and now behold, after ye have tasted this light is your knowledge perfect? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither must ye lay aside your faith, for ye have only exercised your faith to plant the seed that ye might try the experiment to know if the seed is good."
I love this scripture, "whatsoever is light is good." Even though we have tasted the light it doesn't mean that our knowledge is perfect. We all learn new things everyday. Its by our faith and us exercising that faith that our seed will grow stronger and stronger and our light will shine brighter and brighter.
Look around at all the Christmas decorations. The lights, candy canes, oranges, presents, Santa Clause and the Christmas trees. They all represent Christ in some way to help remind us the true meaning of Christmas.
I know that my Savior Jesus Christ is the light of this world, it is through Him that we can have everlasting life. I love my Savior and My Father in Heaven, I'm grateful for this time of year that we have to be reminded of Him. Remember with that little bit of light, we can see many things.
I want that light in my life... Do you?
I know that this gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and with His help, Joseph Smith restored the church. I know that Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment