Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Remember to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas

"How can we celebrate Christmas so it is meaningful to each member of the family? How can we keep the Savior at the center of Christmas? What traditions can help us remember Him and His birth?"

I love these questions and have often thought about it alot lately..
This time of year is very exciting for me. Christmas time brings back some good memories. Alot have to do with me and my brother.
Christmas Eve we would go to my grandmothers house and have dinner. My aunts, uncles and cousins would all come. It's so nice to talk and catch up on good times and just spend time together. 
Christmas day we would wake up and we kids were always up hecka early, even when we got to be teenagers. My parents would always make us wait so that they could sleep in. So during this time of anxiously waiting, I would go into my brothers room and watch cartoons with him. We would watch cartoons all morning!!! 
I'm grateful for that time that I had to spend in the morning with my brother and sister. That is some good memories for me and I enjoy it. 
I always knew that Christmas was the time that we celebrated the Lords birth, but I don't think that I fully understood it. 
Christmas means so much to me now. Yes, it is a time to be with family and enjoy them and there company, a time of laughter. But it is a time to remember Our Savior and His birth. Its a great Christmas gift that Our Heavenly Father has given to all of us.
I have many ideas of some family traditions of my own that I would like to do with my future family. I want my future family to remember and understand the reasons why we celebrate Christmas and how they can remember Him this time of year.
I would like to invite all of you to think of ideas that you want to have with your families. If you have a family now think of something you can do to help your family focus on Jesus Christ. I know that if we do this that we will have a closer relationship with Him and our families.
I love you all and Remember who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment