Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Remember... To have Patience!

Yesterday morning I was studying something that I really need to work on... Patience!!
I was reading in Preach my Gospel, a Manuel that talks about the gospel of Christ, and I was reading about patience. Something that stood out to me was when I was reading about what patience is. "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious... It's the ability to do God's will and accept His timing." Patience means staying with something to the END!
Ah, that can be so frustrating sometimes and hard, but I know that Heavenly Father is VERY timely, and its hard to wait for some of those answers to prayers or even blessings that He might not be ready to bless us with yet. We have to be patient for those answers and those blessings.
I was reading in Romans 8:24-25, which is my new favorite scripture.:)
It says, " For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
We have to have hope that the Lord will fulfil His promises to us, but we have to be patient to receive it. They are not always fulfilled as quickly or in the way we might hope.
I personally, need to be patient in receiving blessings and answers but I also need to be patient in the trials and hard times that I go through. In Romans 5:3-5 it says that "...tribulation worketh patience..." Remember to be patient in the hard times and the trials we go through! Yes, it is hard, but it is possible.
And be patient with yourself! Whether in school, work, or a hobby that you may have. Continue in going forward and working hard. I know that by being patient with ourselves we can progress in many things.
I'm not the most patient person in the world. I'm that person that wants things at that time and moment, so when I don't it is hard for me and I give up or quit.
When I started playing the guitar I wanted to be good at that moment. I bought it for myself for Christmas and didn't play it for a year cause I wasn't good. But one day I picked it up and just practiced and practiced. It hurt my fingers but I was patient with myself and kept going. Now, I still am not the best but I can play chords and songs. I'm happy for myself that I was able to keep going and keep working at it. Its that way with anything! Even the gospel. We have to read the scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon), go to church, & keep the Lords commandments. I know that by doing these things we will be blessed and we can be patient.
With the Lords help, I know that we all can have that patience that we need. I know being patient will help us in everyday life.
So practice being patient. I love you all!!
Remember who you are and what you stand for!

No comments:

Post a Comment