Saturday, October 23, 2010

Forgiveness

So.. I was reading in DoctRine and Covenants 64:9-10; it Reads," Wherefore, i say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." Reading this really hit me. BefoRe I came out heRe on my mission, theRe was a situation I had with a fRiend. Things happened and things weRe said and I was Really angRy with heR, I was for a long time.
One of my fRiends came home fRom his mission and we talked about the things that had happened between me and heR. He told me to foRgive heR, and move on. I was upset with this answeR!! He wasn't seeing my side of things. The way he was looking at the situation reminds me of the way ouR SavioR looks at ouR situations. With Love! Just like it says in Matt 5:44 ,"...Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which dispitefully use you , and persecute you.." 
When I Read this scRiptuRe I knew what i needed to do! Ask my Heavenly FatheR foR foRgiveness, foR not foRgiving heR. How can we seek foR foRgiveness fRom ouR FatheR in Heaven, when we aRen't willing to foRgive otheRs? It's just as impoRtant to foRgive otheRs as it is to ask foR foRgiveness.
We have so many example's of foRgivness in the scRiptures. Joseph, who's bRotheRs sold him into Egypt, the PRophet Joseph Smith "throughout his ministry was frequently persecuted by his enemies, and sometimes he was even betrayed by his friends. Though he was attacked and maligned, the Prophet consistently preached that we should follow the Savior’s admonition to forgive others", and of couRse the SavioR who was spit on, whipped and beaten and yet he asked the Father to "foRgive them."-Luke 23:34
Now, that I am on my mission I'm so happy that I looked to my fRiend and my SavioR's example. It wasn't easy foR me to do this. But, with help fRom the LoRd I was able to foRgive heR and move on. She is a daughteR of God and He loves heR, and I love heR to! I know that the LoRd has foRgiven both of us foR the things that happened.
A peRfect example of foRgiveness, that we all can look to

No comments:

Post a Comment