Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Remember.. The Light of Christ is in EVERYONE!!

What an amazing weekend, I thought I would share it with all of you.
We had a baptism on Saturday!!!!  
We started teaching this young man a little before Christmas. But, the Christmas break came up and we didn't see him for a long time. We got a hold of him and began teaching the gospel to him. 
Time and time went on and we started noticing a change in him.
The light of Christ, that is within ALL of us, started shining brighter and brighter. In Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 it says,"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter...."
This scripture means alot to me now, because I've seen that light grow brighter and brighter within this young man!
He showed up the morning of his baptism and was just smiling the whole time. After he was baptized that smile just got bigger.
On Sunday, he was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and he received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
That light just got brighter! I'm so happy for this young man that chose to,"Follow thou me[the Savior]." 
I'm grateful I was able to see this change happen within this young man. I know the Spirit has touched him and his family. I love him and his family very much, and I know that the Lord loves them. I know the Lord is mindful of all of us and our prayers.
We love you Tyler!!! And Brother and Sister Bowen!
Remember who you are and what you stand for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment