Thursday, December 30, 2010

A sister's experience on bike

These past 2 days we have had the chance to do what the rest of the elder missionaries do... That is to ride bike.
We peddled all over Napa, or so it seems like. Visiting people and talking to many people on the streets. We had some good conversations about our Savior Jesus Christ. Its great that so many people know of Him, but there are those that do not.
We ran into one gentleman, we had a good conversation with him. He said something that really touched my heart. He said, "if you pay attention to the people walking down the street and stop ignoring them... You'll be amazed of what you find." I have a strong testimony of this statement. I have met some amazing people on the streets when walking or, now, biking. 
Talking to people is something that I have struggled with. Its just hard for me to strike up conversations. My friend back home is really good at it, and so is my dad. They can talk to anyone they come in contact with. Before I left on my mission I told myself that by the time my mission is over I want to be able to talk to anyone about anything. 
In the scriptures it says (Matt, Mark, Luke & John) that Christ taught His people. In the Book of Mormon, starting at 3 Nephi 11, Christ visits the people in the Americas after His resurrection and He teaches the people.
Jesus Christ is that example of a true missionary. It shows the love that we have for our brothers and sisters and our love for our Savior.
You never know who is looking for happiness, or who is looking to find truth. I testify to you that following Jesus Christ does bring happiness and He is truth. We never know how we, personally, can help others by our testimonies of Jesus Christ.
I love my Savior, I am grateful for the people that I have had a chance to meet. I'm grateful that He and His gospel is in my life and i have this time to teach others and help others find happiness. It wont stop for me after my mission, I will continue to do my best at talking to people I come in contact with. "You'll be amazed of what you find."
I love this gospel with all my heart. I'm very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the Atonement. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord my God. Remember who you are and what you stand for!

1 comment:

  1. Wow those links are good links. They helped me understand a little bit more of what missionaries do. It helps me remember what I'm supposed to do as well. Teaching is a very important part of the work and our lives. Without teaching and learning we, as children of God, wouldn't have anything to do I think. We're always learning or teaching. Thank you for writing what you've done in your days!(Elder Lybbert in place of Elder Mahrt again)

    ReplyDelete